Welcome to my FalconRose Photo 365 Challenge

I have decided to take a "photo a day" for a full year. In this challenge, I want to test my photographic and artistic skills as much as I can over the full year. And at the end of this, I want to continue this blog for as long as it is feasibly possible. Hopefully you'll enjoy coming along with me on this photographic journey. Enjoy.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Stop Building

02-25-2011_stopbuilding_wm

So many people in Surrey and the entire Lower Mainland are wondering if the current trend of building new homes is going to drive housing prices through the roof. Well...it's happening according to the REBGV.

Vancouver Sun: Metro Vancouver Housing Market Balanced - January demand rising

Which means that people like us who are lower-end income aren't going to be able to own a home in our lifetime. No matter. I've never been one for being saddled with a mortgage or having to take care of home repairs when it cuts into photography shooting time. Maybe that's a hedonistic way of looking at things, however, I like the idea of being able to rent a place...and only have to worry about keeping it tidy for landlord inspections. Am I unhappy with the prospect of a life without a home to call my own? No. Given the choice between owning my own home and owning $30,000 - $50,000 (the average cost of a 10% downpayment on a $300,000-$500,000 home nowadays) worth of lenses that won't depreciate in value like a home could potentially do in a volatile market such as Vancouver, I'd take the lenses any day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment